Monday, January 9, 2012

Celebrities and Privacy: is there such thing?

It's been a while, right? I just want to say quickly for all of my readers, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you all had a productive 2011 and are ready for a productive 2012. It is a new year with new possibilities.

I wanted to start this year off with a blog on privacy and celebrities. As you know, throughout 2011 we've seen "inside scoops" with the Kardashian marriage scandal, and divorcing couples. Today, Beyonce and Jay-Z celebrated the birth of their daughter, along with a song featuring her.

It seems as though celebrities have become our best friends, simply because we're always deep in their businesses and checking out their closet skeletons. Is there a privacy for celebrities?

The Marriam-Webster Dictionary defines "celebrity" as The state of being celebrated. We are all guilty of celebrating these people, even though they are men and women just like us. They simply have a public career in some form of entertainment business. We get our trends from celebrities, as well as topics of interest, music, movies and other things. No wonder these people are celebrated; they constantly provide entertainment into our lives...both positively and negatively.

We've all been guilty of following at least one celebrity scandal. The truth is, these scandals are interesting to read about; celebrities get into some shit. However, regular people like you and I go through shit all the time, but we're not in the tabloids and constantly stalked by TMZ. So why are they?

I hear a lot of talk from people who want to be in the limelight like the celebrities; everybody's trying to sing, dance, and rap and act their way into stardom. I always have to say this: Are you ready to deal with everyone in the world being in your business 25/8? I don't know about you all, but I get stressed out by just my mother in my business sometimes. I can't imagine dealing with the whole of the United States, let alone the world.

Becoming a celebrity can mean the sacrifice of your privacy, and maybe even your insanity. Are you ready to make that sacrifice?

If you are, be ready for one helluva ride!

No comments: