Monday, October 24, 2011

#PrayforDanielleRowe: Sad truth of Clubbing

So I log onto Facebook/Twitter this morning, and I see a hashtag called #PrayforDanielleRowe. In my curiosity, I did some research.

Last Saturday, October 22nd, a 23-year-old young lady, and a fellow GSU student, named Danielle Rowe went to Club Obsessions on Glenwood Road in Atlanta, GA. After a night of fun, she realized she lost her car keys in the club after leaving. The bouncers WOULD NOT let her back in. She could not get in her car, and is now missing/kidnapped. She is presumed dead.
A body was found not too far from Obsessions and her parents are on their way to identify the body.

This is a truly sad story that has left me momentarily speechless. Now, if you've been to Obsessions, it's in the hood. And that's being completely honest. Not a good place for a young lady to be by herself. And the fact that this is true, and none of the bouncers let her in to retrieve her keys, is unbelievable. If that was the case, you should have sent someone in to get them and waited with her at her car. Instead, you were so concerned with the monetary that you blatantly disregarded her. And now she is missing.

I've been to Obsessions once. After this incident, I will never go back again. This story has not made news yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll see it soon. Her parents are not going to allow this to go unpublicized; Obsessions needs to be re-evaluated, if not shut down.

Please PLEASE PLEASE!!! If you are going to the club, yes, please have fun and enjoy your night. But DO NOT go alone. After this incident, it's clear that some club owners are not truly worried about the safety of their patrons. Whenever you go out into the night, have someone with you. There is safety in numbers.

I am #prayingforDanielleRowe this is an unfortunate incident. I'm not sure if she was an alumnus or a current student, but either way....she was 23 years old. I pray for her safe return. And whoever's body was found, wether it is Danielle's or someone else's, I pray their family's and friends seek God to overcome their grief....

Pleas everyone send out a prayer Don't just #prayforDanielleRowe but #prayforwhoeverwasfound

EDIT: The body in question was indeed Miss Danielle Rowe. This is a sad time indeed. Though I didn't know her personally, I know that her family and friends are grieving with the utmost hurt....I am #praying forDanielleRowe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is ridiculous what type of a gentleman "MAN" in they right mind will allow a lady to be alone after the club in the hood. On top of that your a bouncer... come on mann.