Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ephesians 6:2

Ephesians 6:2 reads:

"Honor Thy Father And Mother."

My father has been a bit inactive in my life since 2008, and even more so since 2010. However, my mother has been there for me for thick and thin.

Let's be honest; there are many times where we want to go off on the Moms, throw stuff at them, and make their lives a living hell---even more so than some of us might do. We sneak out, we disobey, we blatantly disrespect. But in the end, no matter how much you bash her, Mom will always be there.

I can honestly say I feel for those who don't have their mothers in their lives, for whatever reasons. There is nothing like a mother's love. It's one of the hardest things to do to lose a mother, or never had one. Yes, a person's character is built upon their own conquests, but I feel it's even harder. I always think, Mom what if I never had you? What would become of me?

I appreciate our [my mother and I] relationship. I feel it has come a long way since I entered my 20's. She is everything to me; my best friend, my sister, and of course my MOMMY! Whenever I just needed to vent, or someone to talk to, or just the truth, I know I can come to my mommy.
Teresa Ann Fennell-Ayala is the most important thing to me, right behind God. As a matter of fact, she is the image of God to me: Forgiving no matter what.

Born a Scorpio on November 10, my mother was born and raised in Fayetteville, North Carolina. A southern belle who grew to attend Winston-Salem State University and take it by storm. She pledged Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., she won Miss Freshman, and Miss Senior. She played volleyball, and she was one of the most people on campus. Now she has a Master's in Accounting and is taking her company by storm (In my opinion) Every time I tell someone I'm "Teresa's daughter" it makes me so proud to hear them say, "We love Teresa." or "Teresa is an amazing person." I swell with pride as I say, "That's my mommy."

She is also a single mother. I know she's going to look at this post thinking, "Why is this little girl telling all my business?!" but I feel her and my father's divorce has made her a better person, and may have helped her find herself. She as forgiven and forgotten and is trying to lead me down the right path of forgiving my father. Only a good person empowered by God such as herself would actively encourage forgiveness. When she and my father divorced, I know it was hard for her to deal with my attitude and my temper, which went from 0 to 9000 during the divorce. But I feel her patience, and hard-loving is what taught me humility. And for her love and teachings, I am forever grateful.

I end this post with a wise-saying: Honor Thy Mother. If your father was in your life longer than your mother. Honor Thy Father. If you were one of the lucky ones who stll has both parents in their lives, Honor Thy Father and Mother.
Appreciate them, and show them how much you love them and how much of an impact they have on you and your character today. And PLEASE, keep in touch. I call and text my mother everyday, and sometimes it's just to tell her I LOVE YOU. Don't forget to let them know this every single day.

And with that, I dedicate this post to my mommy, Madame Teresa Ann Fennell-Ayala.

I LOVE YOU MOMMY!